Rubin produced a technical proposal for the design of a new-generation electric locomotive to tow passenger-train cars in high-speed trains.
The electric locomotive has the characteristic features as below:
- a three-dimensional single-piece frame welded of rolled sections with flat steel plating make the hull structure;
- the hull is made of carbon- and low-alloyed steels to simplify welding operations thus reducing the production cost;
- the hull structure has energy absorbing elements to ensure safety in collisions;
- the railroad engineer's workplace is fitted with positive ventilation and AC;
- integrated microprocessor control system is installed on board.
Basic Technical Parameter (pdf)