Rubin produced technical documents for a new type tram car with an induction traction motor and low floor.
Compared to currently operated tram cars, the new one has the following distinctions:
- 20 – 25 % reduced power consumption;
- 30 – 40 % reduced operation costs;
- reduced axle load;
- main equipment placed on the roof;
- higher average speed to improve traffic capabilities;
- low external noise;
- air-conditioned driver's workplace;
- heating and positive ventilation in the passenger cabin;
- smooth external surface easily washed with automatic equipment;
- retractable pad for wheelcharis / strollers;
- modern design.
Main technical features (pdf)